Today’s episode has been sponsored by Squarespace. For more information, visit http://www.squarespace.com/artassignment
Alec Soth is a photographer who works on large-scale projects that play with the boundaries between his roles as a fine art photographer and photojournalist. This week, he asks you to take on the role of a newspaper photographer and report on a story from a different perspective. Here are your instructions:
1. Pick a story from a news source and follow up with it
2. Look for something that wasn’t covered in the story and take a photo of it
3. Write an accompanying text that pushes the viewer in a different direction
4. Upload your photo and caption with #theartassignment
5. Fame and glory (Your work might be in a future episode)
Learn more about Alec and his work:
And don’t forget to subscribe for new episodes of The Art Assignment every Thursday!
Follow us elsewhere for the full Art Assignment experience!
Response Tumblr: http://all.theartassignment.com
and don’t forget Reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/TheArtAssignment/